Terms & Conditions
LIGHT STYLIST prides itself on excellent service and will always go the extra mile to resolve customer enquiries before referring to these standard terms and conditions.
Use of the LIGHT STYLIST website implies acceptance of the terms and conditions set out herein. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of the website then you may not use it. The LIGHT STYLIST website is managed and operated by LIGHT STYLIST, a small business based in England. Accordingly, the laws of England and Wales govern claims relating to it, including the use of the website and the materials contained within it. If you choose to access our website from outside of England and Wales, you do so on your own initiative and you hereby agree that in the event of a dispute between LIGHT STYLIST and yourself, the laws of England and Wales will apply at all times.
We may ask you to provide us with personal details so that we may provide a better service to you when it comes to tracking your orders, answering your queries and requesting you review feedback. We will not sell or rent your details to anyone else. If you opt-in to allow us to store your details on our customer database, this information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998. We will use this data to contact you with offers from time to time from LIGHT STYLIST. You may request for your personal details to be removed from our database at any time.
LIGHT STYLIST makes every effort to ensure the complete accuracy of our website. However, some prices and details may change from time to time and it is possible that error may occur. We will use our best efforts to rectify any errors as swiftly as possible but we cannot be held responsible for any losses incurred from this as a result.
LIGHT STYLIST endeavours to display our products as accurately as possible within the website. However, from time to time, slight variations in colour and size may occur. All products are handmade and then photographed in natural light and LIGHT STYLIST cannot be held responsible for any variations in colour and finish between the website images and the actual products. However, we will endeavour to ensure that the product information is kept as accurate as possible. Additionally, items are subject to availability and in the event that a product is no longer available, you will be informed as soon as possible following your order. LIGHT STYLIST also recommends the use of LED bulbs in all of the lampshades available on www.lightstylist.co.uk.
As well as the product information contained within the LIGHT STYLIST website, there is also other general information relating to the operation of the website and covering subjects that are intended to be of interest to our customers. Whilst we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of such information, LIGHT STYLIST cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies or errors in the content contained in any part of the website.
Delivery of goods will be made by courier service and is free for most UK purchases. However, we will apply delivery charges for overseas deliveries and for certain UK orders where applicable, as well as remote parts of the UK (Highlands and Islands) and Northern Ireland. We recommend that customers requiring delivery overseas contact us to discuss their order and delivery charges before placing an order.
We will endeavour to ensure that our courier service provider delivers goods according to schedule but we cannot be held liable for any inconvenience or cost resulting from the late delivery of goods. We suggest that you do not book tradespeople for installation until your goods have arrived.
As indicated on the website, payment for LIGHT STYLIST products is through certain credit and debit cards and via PayPal. Payments through the website are processed securely using advanced and up-to-date security-protected software. Your payment information is encrypted to ensure that it is fully protected and processed securely. Your payment details are not held by LIGHT STYLIST – they are held in an encrypted state by a highly secure and widely recognised global payment provider.
Please visit the delivery and returns section of the LIGHT STYLIST website for more information on product returns.
Please visit the delivery and returns section of the LIGHT STYLIST website for more information on product returns. In the event that goods bought from LIGHT STYLIST are faulty, we will be happy to replace the goods at no charge to the customer or alternatively, to refund the cost of purchase. It should be noted that our liability is limited to the purchase cost of faulty goods and we will accept no responsibility for any costs that may be associated with their supply.
LIGHT STYLIST assures that all products are made to the best standards under a careful process of quality control. However, please do keep in mind that our items are handmade. If a fault should arise, we will either fix or replace your product for up to 1 year from the date of purchase. Replacement is subject to product availability. If it is no longer available then we will offer credit against the original purchase.
We won’t be able to cover:
- Wear and tear
- Items you have changed or repaired yourself
- Accidental damage, or damage caused through misuse
- Consumables such as light bulbs etc
- Cosmetic damage such as scratches, dents etc
- Natural changes in character and texture: variations are inherent in materials and finishes over time and should be expected
- Items sold as seconds
- Installation/removal costs
Competitions and promotions
LIGHT STYLIST competitions and prize draws are open to residents of the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Isle of Man aged 18 years or over, except employees of LIGHT STYLIST, their agents and their families.
- Conditions of participation will be made clear at the point of entry. In general, LIGHT STYLIST would require one, some or all of the following from participants: provision of a valid email address within a certain time-frame, which will be added to the LIGHT STYLIST customer email database which can be unsubscribed from at any time; purchase of a product within a certain time-frame; provision of a viewpoint or opinion as part of a survey. There may be other requirements, which will be made clear upon entry.
- Unless otherwise stipulated, entry is restricted to one per person.
- All entrants into LIGHT STYLIST competitions and prize draws will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- The closing date for entries will be stipulated at the point of entry.
- By entering our competitions or prize draws, the winner agrees to their name being shared on our website and social media channels.
- LIGHT STYLIST prize draws will be conducted fairly and witnessed by an independent third party. If a winner cannot be contacted within 28 days of the closing date, we reserve the right to award the prize to a runner-up.
- In the cases of competitions, our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- LIGHT STYLIST will run promotions from time to time. Items bought as part of a promotion will not be eligible for free returns.